THE POSITION – FIELD SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for a Field Services Representative for the Metro New York Area
- GDF/AVD Graduates - Responsible for managing and providing service to graduates through direct follow-up assistance within a regional territory.
- GDF/AVD Applicants – Responsible for managing and providing assessment of applicants, within designated field zone, against GDF/AVD criteria for admission. Responsible for performing home training placements of assistance dogs and students.
- Other - Promote GDF/AVD through agencies for the visually impaired, VI professionals and agencies that service US Military Veterans. Participates in the class program or home placements as needed.
As an Ambassador, represent GDF/AVD and support fund-raising and marketing initiatives in assigned region.
- Must have achieved certification in training guide dogs and instructing students (has worked 3 or more years in training guide dog teams)
- Flexibility with work hours and willing to undertake significant overnight travel- up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, works with other to solve complex issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate via voice mail and e-mail. Able to perform basic word processing and spreadsheet tasks.
Must safely handle a variety of large breed dogs, weighing up to 85 pounds with varying strength and manageability. Able to pick up a 70-85 dog in an emergency. Able to withstand repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting.
Near acuity and accommodation are required for ability to see and read
Dog’s reaction to environment and distractions, ability to watch student give commands, ability to read forms, documentation and computer screen.
Ability to interact with dog, trainers, students and volunteers either in an informal way or giving formal instruction through seminar and training exercises. Ability to hear above traffic and other outside noises.
This position is exempt. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits program which includes 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please contact Samantha at Samantha@guidedog.org.