The Position - Canine Care Associate - Part Time
Under the direct supervision of the Canine Care Supervisors, a Canine Care Associate is responsible for providing physical and physiological care to the dogs and puppies at the Foundation’s kennel facilities as well as performing regular cleaning and disinfecting tasks of facility, equipment, vehicles, crates and any other items used for animal care.
Key Job Requirements:
Detail oriented to enable Canine Care Associate to monitor dog condition and be capable of administering medication, feed, etc. Must possess good interpersonal skills to relate to volunteers, donors, sponsors and co-workers. Applicant must have a Valid Driver’s License to transport dogs to Vet, airport or any other destination assigned by Canine Care Assistant Supervisor, Supervisor or the Chief Canine Care Officer. Ability to work different day and evening shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds of dog food; lift 75 to 80 pound dog for bathing and/or emergency situations.
- Ability to restrain active dogs weighing up to 110 pounds for up to one hour.
- Employee is required to: stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
- Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Wednesday to Saturday- Wednesday to Friday 7am to 4pm and Saturdays 8am to 5pm
- Saturday 6pm to 10pm
- Sunday 9:30am to 6:30pm