The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc, has a position available for a Part Time Canine Care Whelping Team
member. Under the direct supervision of the Breeding Program Manager, a member of the Whelping Team is responsible for providing physical and physiological care (feed, bathe, groom and transport) of breeding dogs and newborn puppies at the Foundation’s kennel nursery facility as well as at the home of Breeder Caretakers. Must be available day or evening when whelps occur. Shall perform regular cleaning and disinfecting tasks of facility, equipment, vehicles, crates and any other items used for animal care.
- Nursery experience preferred.
- Experience with breeding stock, new born litters and the whelping process a plus.
- Must be available day or evening for an 8+ hours shift for when a whelp occurs and occasionally a 4 hour night shift in nursery for regular care of breeding stock and pups.
- Must be able to travel to Breeder Caretaker home to assist in a home whelp.
- Will be expected to learn regular Kennel Nursery processes and procedures.