THE POSITION - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for an Information Technology Manager
at our campus in Smithtown, NY. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for developing and maintaining the IT multi-year plan, working with department leaders to assure that IT systems adequately support current and future business needs, oversees all technology projects and operations to assure alignment with established goals. Responsibilities will also include creating an effective cybersecurity program to protect the digital assets of our organizations and our program participants, establish and document IT policies and procedures, and to support and educate our staff and program participants on our IT systems and policies.
We seek an individual who will enjoy the challenge of effectively managing multiple, diverse responsibilities of this important hands-on-role. This position supervises Database and IT Specialist.
Proven experience as IT manager or similar role. Non-profit or Membership Organization experience preferred.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus. iMIS database experience a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL systems and reporting preferred.
- Cloud and Infrastructure as Service (IaaS) experience.
- Microsoft 365/Office 365.
- Cyber Security training/experience required as well as an understanding of privacy security issues.
- Video Conferencing systems and communication applications (Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, cybersecurity, etc.
- Excellent organizational, negotiating, presentation, documentation and communication abilities.
This position is exempt. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
If you are interested in finding out more information about this position please email us at ITManagerSearch@guidedog.org