The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc, has a position available for a Part Time Canine Care Associate
. Must have the ability to work with a flexible weekly schedule, including holidays and weekends with an average of 16 hours per week, which is two 8 hour shifts per week.
This position reports to the Supervisors of the Canine Care Department. A Canine Care Associate is responsible for providing physical and physiological care (feed, bathe, groom, transport) to the dogs and puppies at the Foundation’s kennel facilities as well as performing regular cleaning and disinfecting tasks of facility, equipment, vehicles, crates and any other items used for animal care.
We are looking for detail oriented individuals to monitor our dogs’ and puppies’ welfare and condition. Must be capable of administering to the physiological needs of our dogs such as cleaning runs and equipment, feed, water, exercise, administer medication, etc. Must have good interpersonal skills to relate to co-workers, volunteers, donors, and sponsors.
- Detail oriented to maintain inventory of feed, supplies and daily health records of dogs.
- Applicant must have a Valid Driver’s License to transport dogs to Vet, airport or any other destination assigned by Canine Care Assistant Supervisor, Supervisor or the Chief Canine Care Officer.
- Ability to work different day and evening shifts and weekends.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds of dog food; lift 75 to 80 pound dog for bathing and/or emergency situations.
- Ability to restrain active dogs weighing up to 110 pounds for up to one hour.