The Position: Marketing Associate
The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for a Marketing Associate located at our Smithtown, NY Campus.
Under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer and Associate Director of Public Relations, this position manages the creation and maintenance of promotional, awareness, and other marketing needs. Specific deliverables include (but are not limited to) press release writing and distribution, social media support, managing of social media influencer program, creation of client profiles, asset management, campaign measurement, and internal merchandising. A portion of this role may include certain administrative functions in support of senior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Two to three years of experience and knowledge in writing, editing, public relations, social media management, and/or communications.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, and Content Management Systems.
- Excellent verbal, communication, and writing skills with exceptional detail to spelling, grammar, and style guidelines.
- Facilitating project discussions across multiple organizational teams and external partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multitask, prioritize, organize, and lead.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and manage time efficiently.
- Ability for cross departmental support.
This position is non-exempt. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits program which includes 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Employment@GuideDog.org
to apply for this position.