THE POSITION - Philanthropy Officer
The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for a Philanthropy Officer, Major Gifts and Planned Giving,
at our campus in Smithtown, NY (or remote from New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta or Washington, D.C. areas). This position reports to our Chief Growth Officer. Our organizations are distinctive in the assistance dog industry providing both guide and multiple types of service dogs.
As a fundraising professional, the Philanthropy Officer will be responsible for creating and executing a marketing and stewardship plan for our planned giving society (The Heritage Society). Responsibilities will include managing a donor portfolio and growing the number of donors in The Heritage Society.
- Develop and execute a planned giving marketing strategy and communications plan with the use of planned giving platform Crescendo to increase participation in The Heritage Society
- Responsible for the management of a portfolio of 75-100 prospects/donors. Identify, research, cultivate, and solicit for both major and planned gifts
- Offer planned giving educational opportunities and materials regarding planned giving for fellow staff, and prospects/donors
- Provides stewardship of donors who have already announced a commitment to planned giving.
- Attends events and meetings on behalf of GDF/AVD
- Will perform other donor activities as required
A desire to help people with disabilities and support the mission and vision of the Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs.
- Strong working knowledge of planned giving vehicles.
- 3+ years of successful professional fundraising experience
- Track record of building long-term, productive relationships with donors and philanthropic institutions.
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Position is highly sensitive and requires impeccable personal and professional integrity and discretion.
- Strong understanding of technology and information systems, ability to utilize research tools and implement donor cultivation plans. Experience working with CRM databases necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college (preferably in Fundraising, Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing or other related field).
- The ability to participate in evening and weekend events
- The ability to travel as needed (domestically)
This position is exempt. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits program which includes outstanding 403(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off (subject to eligibility).
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Loretta Quis at email@example.com