Under the direct supervision of the Volunteer Services Manager, driver will work closely with the Canine Care Representative for the scheduling of transports. Drive all types of Foundation vehicles including but not limited to minivans and cargo vans to safely transport puppies, adult dogs, people and supplies to various locations as needed.
Key Job Requirements:
Responsibilities include round-trip regional and long-distance overnight ground transports including but not limited to various locations in NY, NJ, CT, PA, MA, MD, DC, VA & ME. Duties also include trips to car washes, veterinarians, prison puppy programs along the East Coast, pickup/drop off of working dogs, trips to airports to pick up or drop off people, supplies or dogs with Puppies in Flight transports or cargo transports.
- Minimum of three years of experience in driving cargo vans and minivans.
- Comfortable driving out-of-state alone or long-distances with a volunteer.
- Comfortable cleaning and disinfecting dog crates.
- Ability to safely unload or lift supplies, from 50 lbs or an 80 lb dog 1-2 times per day.
- Reliable and Punctual.
- Clean driving record is required and must be maintained.
- Proficient use of Navigation Systems and smart phones, emails, texting.
- Must be able to work flexible hours- nights, weekends as needed.
- Clean and neat appearance.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must read and speak English sufficiently to communicate with the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish rapport with office, staff, graduates, volunteers, co-workers and public.
- Organized to handle required paperwork regarding dog information, licenses and vehicle maintenance logs and registrations.
NY based – average-15 hours per week