The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind and America’s VetDogs have an opportunity for a Development Associate to join our team. The position is based at our campus in Smithtown, NY (Long Island).
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, provides administrative support for the Development Department to ensure successful fundraising efforts for both GDF and AVD. This is a forward-facing role that will be required to responds effectively to donor inquiries.
General responsibilities include processing annual State registrations; overseeing volunteers who support the development projects, mailings, and shipments, responding to donor inquiries and providing project management and administrative support such as correspondence, reports, scheduling and maintaining calendars as well as expense report information for the Development Department.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• 2-3 Years’ experience in administrative position.
• Demonstrated capacity for organization, prioritization, follow through and efficiency in a dynamic and face-paced environment.
• Detail oriented, self-motivate and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage communication of sensitive information.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience using a CRM and use of general office equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Flexibility with work hours and special requests. Day, evening, or weekend hours may be required.
• Team player
The employee is required to:
• Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor
• Drive and/or travel
• Lift 25 pounds and exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
Near acuity and accommodation are required for ability to see and read text and copy of written materials for publishing and to read computer screen.
Ability to interact with staff and public in an informal or formal way during events or public speaking.
Employee is exposed to office, kennel, and residence environment. This includes animal hair and dander as well as cleaning and antibacterial cleaning solutions.