The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs have a unique employment opportunity for a Development Prospect Researcher, at our campus in Smithtown, NY or remote with preference to the Washington, D.C., Texas, California, and Illinois areas. This position reports to our Chief Growth Officer. Our organizations are distinctive in the assistance dog industry providing both guide and multiple types of service dogs.
The Prospect Researcher will lead and set strategic direction for prospect identification, qualification, and research aimed at reaching annual fundraising goals. They will ensure a steady stream of new prospects researched as being capable of charitable gifts of at least $25,000. Oversees the timely movement of previously identified prospects through the various cultivation stages leading to solicitation. Flexibility to work weekends and evenings consistent with a front-line fundraising role required. All Development staff are expected to assist with the execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the annual organizational budget.
We’re looking for:
• Ability to thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced organization as part of a committed team.
• A positive, "can-do" attitude; practice innovative thinking and will be flexible and team oriented.
• Contribute to the ongoing goal of making Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc., and America’s VetDogs a world class fundraising organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college in related field
• 2-3 years’ experience of successful experience in conducting complex analytical prospect research.
• Proficient in database management and Microsoft Office.
• In-depth knowledge of Donorscape, iWave or other research tools
• Superior internet research skills
• Possess superior communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Work weekends, evenings, and early mornings, as necessary.
• Local, regional, and national travel, as necessary. Driver license required.
• Position is highly sensitive and requires impeccable personal and professional integrity and discretion.
The employee is required to:
• Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor
• Drive and/or travel
• Lift 25 pounds and exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
• Near acuity and accommodation are required for ability to see and read text and copy of written materials for publishing and to read computer screen.
• Ability to interact with staff and public in an informal or formal way during events or public speaking.
• Employee is exposed to office, kennel, and residence environment. This includes animal hair and dander as well as cleaning and antibacterial cleaning solutions.