The Guide Dog Foundation and America’s VetDogs, sister national nonprofit organizations, are seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and experienced Social Media Marketing Associate to join our team. The ideal candidate should have a strong digital marketing background, with a deep understanding of the impact social media can have in advancing our missions. This individual will play a critical role in increasing applications from prospective program participants, inspiring volunteers to raise puppies to become future service and guide dogs, and supporting our fundraising efforts.
This unique role allows the candidate to create a strategy for and foster a community for the social media handles of both America’ VetDogs and the Guide Dog Foundation. This role also allows for an abundance of creativity in shadowing guide and service dogs at all stages of their journey – both on and off our campus in Smithtown, New York.
Social Media Management:
• Develop and execute comprehensive social media strategies across multiple platforms (both organizations are active on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, X (formerly Twitter), Threads, LinkedIn, and YouTube).
• Create and curate engaging content (videos, reels, etc.) that showcases our mission, stories, and impact.
• Monitor and respond to comments and messages daily, fostering engagement and community growth.
• Capture high-quality photographs and videos of our dogs, program participants, staff, and volunteers.
• Produce creative and compelling video content to share our stories, achievements, and events.
• Edit and enhance visual content to maintain a consistent brand image.
• Analyze social media data to track performance and adjust strategies accordingly.
• Interact with followers, donors, and partners to build and maintain strong online relationships.
• Implement innovative campaigns to increase social media following and engagement.
• Collaborate with the marketing and development teams to integrate social media into fundraising campaigns.
• Assist in the planning and execution of digital fundraising initiatives.
• Monitor and report on the success of fundraising efforts on social media.
• Cultivate a passionate and active online community of supporters, volunteers, employees, and donors.
• Promote volunteer opportunities and encourage puppy raiser recruitment.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in social media marketing or related field.
• A digital native with a deep understanding of social media platforms and trends.
• Strong photography and video production skills not required but preferred.
• Proficient in graphic design and content creation and editing software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Canva).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to craft compelling messages that resonate with diverse audiences.
• Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, extract insights, and make data-driven decisions.
• Knowledge of SEO, SEM, and content marketing principles is a plus.
• Passion for animal welfare, disability advocacy, veterans’ issues, or nonprofit work is preferred but not required.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across different teams.
• A genuine passion for our mission and the ability to convey that passion through digital channels.
• Ability to adjust to busy timelines, working occasional after-hours events throughout the week (nights and weekends).
We offer competitive wages, with a starting salary of $58,500, a comprehensive benefits program which includes an outstanding 403(b) plan, health, dental, vision, and life and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement and generous paid time off.